FN Tape and Sheet are products developed and manufactured by Tokyo Nisshin Jabara, and are fully compliant with the SOLAS 94 Amendment Reg. II-2/15.2.11.
FN Tape and Sheet are globally approved by major ship classification societies, and are patented in Japan and other countries. We are also the first Japanese company to win the “Sea Trade Award” by the chairman of IMO in 1999, known as the maritime Nobel prize, for our huge contribution to shipping safety.
FN Tape and Sheet are the only products globally approved by major ship classification societies to prevent flammable oil splashing in ship engine rooms. The profitability derived from its highly effective splash prevention and reliable performance is widely recognised. Therefore, in Japan and Korea, other Asian countries, the Middle East, Europe, the USA, and elsewhere, they are currently used in new ship development as well as for repairs on ship engines, generators, auxiliary devices and other types of engines or pipe connections of various device manufacturers.
Estimated delivery time
Stock in Malaysia
Industrial Machinery/Devices Resin/Plastic/Rubber Products Nonferrous metals
- FN Tape & Sheet can prevent most engine room fires caused by the splashing of flammable oil by simply binding/wrapping FN Tape & Sheet around potentially vulnerable areas (within 3-5 meters from ignition sources).
- FN Tape & Sheet will not ignite even if touched by flame because FN Tape & Sheet are made of aluminum foil and non-combustible fabrics.
- The internal fabric strength is high; even single-layer FN Tape & Sheet are capable of withstanding pressure of 30kgf/cm2.
- FN Tape & Sheet have excellent oil & abrasion-resistance; they are immediately usable even after having been stored unused for a long time (2 to 3 years).
- The tape adhesive is self-curing so no bands or fasteners are needed when binding/wrapping.
- Easy application without any special tools or experience required.
- Tensile strength: 295 (30kgf)/10mm width
- Normal adhesion: 700gf/10mm width, wrapping side is self-curing
- Shear adhesive strength: 98N (10kgf) / 20mm × 20mm
- Pressure resistance: 490N (50kgf) to 1.0mm hole / without damage caused by pressure (single tape layer)
- Heat resistance: -160 °C ~ +200 °C (practical strength retained) +430 °C (carbonized but shape retained)
- Oil resistance: Inert with fuel oil, light gas oil, gasoline, lubricating oil, etc.
- Weather resistance: No abnormality with 72-hour weathermeter test
For prevention of flammable oil splash in ship engine rooms
* is mandatory item